Have you ever wondered who wrote the books in the Bible and how they ended up together? Has anyone ever told you that some books were cut out of the Bible or that the stories of Jesus in the Gospels can t be trusted? In this book, dive into the fascinating account of the most amazing and best-preserved book the world has ever seen. Dr. Timothy Paul Jones gives easy-to-understand answers to popular questions on the Bible s reliability and accuracy.
About the Author:
- How the Old Testament and New Testament came to us
- Definitions of popular terms such as inspired, inerrant and infallible
- Reasons the New Testament books were chosen
- Compelling stories behind Polycarp, Serapion, John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, the King James Version of the Bible and more!
- Fascinating facts about the Bible such as: there are more than 5,700 surviving manuscripts from the New Testament compared to 210 surviving copies of Plato.
Timothy Paul Jones serves as the C. Edwin Gheens professor of Christian ministry and as Associate Vice President at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he teaches courses in applied apologetics and family ministry. Before coming to Southern, he led churches in Missouri and Oklahoma as pastor and associate pastor. Dr. Jones has authored or contributed to more than a dozen books, including PROOF; Conspiracies and the Cross; and Christian History Made Easy. In 2010, Christian Retailing magazine selected Christian History Made Easy as the book of the year in the field of Christian education. He is married to Rayann and they have three daughters. The Jones family works in SojournKids and community group ministry at Sojourn Community Church.